Current News Feeds (Google News)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hearts For Haiti Volunteer- Angie aka Timesandchimes

Volunteer Angie from TimesandchimesHi, I'm Angie- the daughter half of the Mother/Daughter team called Times And Chimes on Etsy. I am a volunteer for the Hearts For Haiti shop.

I have been truly honored to be a part of the Hearts for Haiti team on Etsy. I first heard about the Collaboration Shop in the Etsy Forums. I knew immediately that I wanted to donate some items from our Etsy shop, and also help with the work behind the scenes.

My first job was to open new Forum threads to promote the shop. Next, I took on listing some of the many donations that were being sent in. This was a big deal for me, because I secretly HATE listing items on Etsy! In our birdhouse shop, I take the photos, and Mom does the listings! But because I had a purpose, to help those in dire need, I sucked it up and did my part, listing some unique and lovely items.

Recently I have started working in the Hearts for Haiti inbox. I go through donations, tag them, and send them out to volunteers to be listed. I also help tackle lost listings, relistings, and any problems that may come into the inbox.

My favorite part of being a part of the Hearts for Haiti team is the sweet friendships that have been cultivated while working so hard on a common vision. I am blessed to be a part of something bigger than myself. We are making a difference. Together.

3 comments:

  1. Angie, I love it, what a beautiful write up, and had to chuckle at "I secretly HATE listing items". It has been nice meeting new people and friends who all have the same goals in trying to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for allowing me to share! :)
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really a joy to be on this volunteer team
    with you, Angie. Your spirit of friendship and
    giving-ness shine so brightly on all of us.
    -much love and thanks, Sunny

    ReplyDelete