Current News Feeds (Google News)

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hearts for Haiti Volunteer Andrea from Nyblaque

Volunteer Andrea from NyblaquePeace and Blessings, My name is Andrea but most folks call me by my Etsy Nickname Ny;-) I live and love in NYC with my two spirited children and have been running my Etsy shop from home for almost 3 yrs this coming June.

Before I learned about HFH, I started pitching in with my own personal donations of food, clothing, care packages and making up cycled bags to donate to local community programs that were collecting for Haiti relief. Afterward, I registered with the American Red Cross and donated whatever proceeds I could financially muster through my former Handmade4Haiti section in my Etsy shop.

I read about HFH through an article in Etsy's Storque Blog and was moved to tears. After reading about the collaboration through the HFH forum and checking out the shop, I knew immediately that I wanted to donate some items from my Etsy shop, and also hopefully get a chance to pitch in directly. I wanted so much to spread the word about HeartsforHaiti!

When I first contacted Victoria about what role I could play as a volunteer, I wanted to dive in and take on multiple tasks such as listing, sending convos and writing blog posts. I thank Victoria for pinning me to listing items for now as I quickly learned how overwhelmed I would have been trying to do all three tasks!

With my hands in so many cookie jars actively involved in community events, still donating to the American Red Cross, the American Cancer Society, running my shop from home and caring for my children, I wish I could do more. But just being a part of the HFH team's community effort of love, faith and creative support is something I will never forget. To me, this is history in the making, I am glad to have lived to be a part of it somehow. We are making a difference. Together.

Namaste and Blessings to you,

Ny;-)

4 comments:

  1. What a touching account and beautiful picture, Ny! So glad to get to know you!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have you here Nyblaque!
    Namaste'
    -Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi gals and thanks for the warm welcome;-) I am just to help in any way I can-even my daughter love the HFH shop and blog and told her friends and teachers about it!

    Feels good to set a postive example for the youth of comminity service and love for others.

    Namaste;-)

    Ny

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to meet all of the dedicated volunteers, thank you for sharing! * waves at Ny * Doesn't it feel great to be reaching $30,000 any time now. What a community!

    ReplyDelete